Tuesday, September 2, 2014

What's a book?

Just deactivated my Facebook profile. I hope I can manage it forever. I had to stay up late to make the decision because it feels like the kind of decision best made when it is really dark out. When there are no distractions. When it's just you and the internet. I couldn't bring myself to delete the profile because I might need it to communicate with people someday. But I'm going to wait and see how long before that actually might happen. The last time I just stopped checking it for a while. I thought I'd ease back in by just posting photos, but I started wondering what people said about my photos. Did they like them? Did my mom comment? I needed to see. Then I started responding to comments. Then I posted a few comments on other peoples' profiles. And Liked their statuses. And I saw more ads in my feed. And I started checking it several times a day. And then I got into some silly comment flame with a couple of people and I couldn't figure out why I was even bothering. It was a fight in a small, dark room and no one spoke the same language. I quit. Some fights are best not fought. So that's it. Bye bye Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment