Monday, March 13, 2017

Outnumbered

It's official! If my dog survives until September (she is 14 or so), then we'll be outnumbered. Outnumbered in the gender war. Me and the Wolf vs. Carly, Sophie (the dog), and... a baby girl.

Yep. We're expecting again, and this time, it is a human child of the fairer sex. "You'll have one of each!" say my coworkers and anyone else who is cursed with multiple children of a single sex only. My friend Katarina, who has three girls, sighs somewhat when she sees pictures of my son. My coworker Christine sighs a little when she considers that my wife will be able to do "girly things" with a daughter.

I'm opposed to all of that. If I have any hand in it, my daughter will be neck deep in Dungeons & Dragons by age six. Actually, I just want her to be like the Deal sisters.

I'm excited. I have been having a lot of fun with my first rotten child. It's time to have another. We've been at it for a little over a year, I think. We pulled the goalie the same time we really knew we were going to buy a house. We had a couple of false starts I guess. Carly's enhanced testing regime gave very precise results, and when it was apparent that a positive test was no longer positive, it caused some unsteady mornings. Still, a few false starts this time are way easier than our false start the first time....

The Wolf has been slowly coming around. We're talking to him about the prospect of a little sister, a new baby, etc. The other day he lifted up my shirt and poked me in the belly. "There's a baby in there?" I think he's figured out that a paunch is the same as being pregnant. I told him there's beer in there.

OK. That's all I have for now. More will inevitably come.

P.S. Oh yeah, today I settled one of the last three debts related to my Ohio properties. Two to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment