Friday, November 1, 2013

SALLIE WAS A 15-YEAR OLD GIRL FROM NEBRASKA [UPDATE TOO]

So, today, I received an email directly from the CEO of SLM Corporation, the parent company of Sallie Mae.
Dear Mr. Diroll-Black,

I apologize for the recent issues you had with your service at Sallie Mae.  Our goal is to provide excellent service to all of our customers all of the time.  Unfortunately, we did not live up to our standards this time.

I am told that we have corrected the issues on your account.  Please let me know if that is not the case.

I appreciate your patience as we dealt with your issues, and more importantly, I appreciate the ability to service your student loans.

Sincerely,
Jack Remondi
It's a nice gesture, considering the nonsense I've endured. That is, if things are actually resolved. At this point, although he has been told that the issues on my account have been corrected, I have no proof of that actually having happened. My online account info still says that my federal loans are about $1,634 in the hole and that everything is past due.

I'll give it a week or so before I call Kelly at the consumer advocate's office again. For now, patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment