Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Almost Furloughed [UPDATE]

I started my new job this week, or, at least I showed up for orientation and I have the rest of this week to complete my move. A few notes to supplement my previous post:

1. It turns out that I will actually get paid through the government shutdown. From my agency's experience in previous government shutdown threats, the powers that be have made sure that the payroll functions will continue to function. This is another benefit of our agency being funded by its own endeavors.
2. Looks like Carly was selected for the job she really, really wanted, and once the background checks are all clear, she'll be a bona fide government employee, also!
3. I'm going out to buy a box spring for my bed, so I can stop sleeping on the floor like I did when I was in middle school. True story: my bed was a train of couch cushions for about four years.

No comments:

Post a Comment