Sunday, September 22, 2013

Everything at Once

We're almost there... had the baby, accepted a new job, scouted out apartments, signed a lease, moved my friend in, paying double rent, got a moving truck, got bills, got boxes, got stuff packed, waiting for the government to shut down.

It's just a matter of time... watched all of Sopranos, Billy & Mandy, Always Sunny, working on The League, Louie, a thousand other shows. Found some odd movies on Netflix. Diagnosed ADD and/or dementia. Drank... drinking buckets. Taking weeks off, making cookies, and my hands smell like butter.

Too much to do... still more packing, lots of driving, unpacking, where are the dogs? I hate vacuuming. Carly can't remember when the kid last had a bath (it was yesterday). I have ten cubic feet of Legos, is that too many? When do I expect to open this, build these? It will be at least five or six years before the Wolf can appreciate Legos.

Less stream-of-consciousness-y: I don't think I'll have time to see everyone before we leave. I'm concerned about this to the point where I haven't planned a proper going-away party. It's like when you're kind of dating someone and then you have to leave for a long trip. It's easier to say nothing than to say goodbye. I'm reasonably certain, for some of these folks, it might be goodbye. I found a house-warming gift that we never gave some friends partly due to Hurricane Sandy crushing the party. Should I mail it to them? It's pretty cool, I'll probably just keep it. Maybe, if I see them and the boxes are unpacked, I'll give it to them properly. I have a birthday card that I failed to send in February. It will be hilarious for my friend to receive that in October. I sometimes prioritize things and justify the lapses later.

So, justify lapses or prioritize differently? How about next weekend? It's the only weekend we've got left. Picnic at our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment