Sunday, March 31, 2013

Wolf Like Me

The news you've all been waiting for: it's going to be a boy!

Carly and I went to the OB/GYN office in Bayonne this weekend and an ultrasound tech put Carly's belly through the paces. Lots of measurements were taken, and about 3/4 of the way through, the tech asked, "do you have an idea of what kind of baby you're going to have?" Carly kind of hummed and said, "I had some dreams that I'd have a girl, but we don't really know." Then, the tech zooms in on something that looks like a chicken leg with some peas on top of it. I said, "That's not a girl." And we all started laughing.

For reference, the chicken leg was his femur. The peas were his testicles. That's right, our child has testicles, which pretty much means it's a boy.

Carly immediately started wondering how we'll keep a boy from getting in fights in middle school. I told her not to worry because it is about 12 years away.

So, we have a name: Jackson Wolf Diroll-Black. "Jackson" is a family name from Carly's father's side, and it's her father's middle name. Diroll-Black is the hyphenated version of our surnames that both of us use, and I have actually legally changed my name to. Wolf is just cool.

Originally, I fought to name the kid Werewolf, because that would be cooler, but Carly vetoed that and we settled on just Wolf. So he's the WOLFBABY.

To that end, I offer you this: Lera Lynn's rendition of Wolf Like Me, by TV on the Radio:


No comments:

Post a Comment